TheWrap’s Sharon Waxman Remained Silent for Years About Weinstein Allegations

Breitbart | 10/9/2017 | Staff
darkkazune (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://media.breitbart.com/media/2017/10/Harvey-Weinstein-Sharon-Waxman-getty.jpg

In the wake of last week’s New York Times‘ bombshell report that covers decades of sexual harassment and sexual misconduct allegations against uber-producer Harvey Weinstein, a number of people are being treated as whistleblowers even though they allege they knew about Weinstein’s behavior and remained silent for years. We can now add Sharon Waxman, CEO and editor-in-chief of TheWrap, to that list.

On Sunday, Waxman published a lengthy article titled “‘Harvey Weinstein’s Media Enablers’? The New York Times Is One of Them” in which she accuses the Times of killing her story, way back in 2004, about Weinstein’s sexual misconduct:

Reporter - New - York - Times - Light

In 2004, I was still a fairly new reporter at The New York Times when I got the green light to look into oft-repeated allegations of sexual misconduct by Weinstein. It was believed that many occurred in Europe during festivals and other business trips there.

I traveled to Rome and tracked down the man who held the plum position of running Miramax Italy. According to multiple accounts, he had no film experience and his real job was to take care of Weinstein’s women needs, among other things.

Woman - London - Encounter - Weinstein - Agreement

I also tracked down a woman in London who had been paid off after an unwanted sexual encounter with Weinstein. She was terrified to speak because of her non-disclosure agreement, but at least we had evidence of a pay-off.

The story I reported never ran.

Waxman - Spiking - Pressure - Weinstein - Matt

Waxman blames the spiking on “intense pressure from Weinstein, which included having Matt Damon and Russell Crowe call me directly[.]” On top of that, Waxman believes Weinstein made a personal visit to the newsroom.

She claims she was “devastated” when she learned that the story was killed.

Question

This, however, raises a huge question: Why...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Breitbart
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!