The Left’s Hypocrisy On Tarring Mike Pence For Leaving That Colts Game

The Federalist | 10/9/2017 | Britt McHenry
darkkazune (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://thefederalist.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/mikepencecolts.jpg

Few things can upstage Peyton Manning in the NFL. But as we’ve repeatedly seen this season, a growing cultural divide of our national politics continues to overshadow our national pastime, and it did again on Sunday.

Vice President Mike Pence and his wife were at Lucas Oil Stadium for the Indianapolis Colts hosting the San Francisco 49ers. The former Indiana governor came to watch Manning be honored in a halftime ceremony. Except Pence didn’t stick around to see it. After the national anthem, Pence left the stadium and tweeted about his departure.

Today - Colts - Game - President - Trump

“I left today’s Colts game because President Trump and I will not dignify any event that disrespects our soldiers, our Flag, or our National Anthem,” Pence wrote. “At a time when so many Americans are inspiring our nation with their courage, resolve, and resilience, now, more than ever, we should rally around our Flag and everything that unites us.”

“While everyone is entitled to their own opinions, I don’t think it’s too much to ask NFL players to respect the Flag and our National Anthem,” he continued. “I stand with President Trump, I stand with our soldiers, and I will always stand for our Flag and National Anthem.”

Everyone - Opinion - Pence - Number - Topic

Seemingly, everyone did feel entitled to an opinion, and almost instantly Pence became the number one trending topic on social media, with the help of a tweet from President Trump: “I asked @VP Pence to leave stadium if any players kneeled, disrespecting our country. I am proud of him and @SecondLady Karen.”

Do We Want the Administration Tracking Players?

Problem - Liberals - Issue - Trump - Administration

Here’s the problem with many liberals on this issue: They’ll attack Trump’s administration for tweeting about the NFL, arguing it’s inconsequential compared to more pressing presidential matters. Yet they expect that same administration to have a detailed tally of every team and player participating in the protests.

Critics...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Federalist
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!