Sean Penn to Star in Beau Willimon’s Mars Series ‘The First’ at Hulu

Variety | 9/20/2017 | Joe Otterson
Click For Photo: http://pmcvariety.files.wordpress.com/2016/01/sean-penn.jpg?w=1000&h=607&crop=1

Sean Penn has signed on to star in Beau Willimon’s upcoming Hulu series “The First,” Variety has learned.

“The First” is set in the near future and follows the first human mission to Mars. The series explores the challenges of taking the first steps toward interplanetary colonization. Hulu gave the show a straight-to-series order in May. The exact details of Penn’s role are being kept under wraps.

Penn - Television - Shows - Career - Role

Penn has appeared on various television shows throughout his career, but this marks his first regular role on a series. He has previously appeared on shows such as “Ellen,” “The Larry Sanders Show,” “Two and a Half Men,” and “Friends.”

Penn is one of the most accomplished film actors of his generation, having been nominated for five Academy Awards throughout his career. He was nominated for Best Actor for “Dead Man Walking,” “Sweet and Lowdown,” and “I Am Sam” before winning his first Oscar in 2003 for his role in Clint Eastwood’s “Mystic River.” His second win as Best Actor came in 2009 for Gus Van Sant’s “Milk.”

CAA

He is repped by CAA.

“I have such deep admiration for Sean’s immense talent and extraordinary body of work,” Willimon said. “I feel very lucky...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Variety
14 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!