Families of Americans Imprisoned in Iran Applaud Trump’s Call for Their Return in UN Speech

Washington Free Beacon | 9/19/2017 | Susan Crabtree
shardonay (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://freebeacon.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Donald-Trump-3.jpg

BY: Susan Crabtree

Families and advocates for Americans imprisoned in Iran applauded President Trump for demanding the release of all U.S. prisoners and others unjustly detained in Tehran during his speech to the United Nations General Assembly Tuesday.

Members - Siamak - Baquer - Namazi - Father

Family members of Siamak and Baquer Namazi, a father and son who are being held in Iran's notorious Evin prison, also urged Trump to take urgent action to try to secure their release. They warned that 81-year-old Baquer Namazi's life is hanging in the balance after he underwent heart surgery to install a pacemaker just hours before Trump spoke.

During Trump's speech to the United Nations, he demanded that Iran free all Americans, as well as those from other countries, who the regime is holding captive on false charges.

Time - Regime - Americans - Citizens - Nations

"It is time for the regime to free all Americans and citizens of other nations they have unjustly detained," Trump said.

The president also condemned North Korea for its "deadly abuse" of Otto Warmbier, a 22-year-old University of Virginia college student held in North Korea for more than a year and a half, much of it in a coma. Pyongyang released Warmbier in June while still in a coma to his parents in the United States, and he died just days later.

Family - Time - Babak - Namazi - Brother

"My family is rapidly running out of time," Babak Namazi, the brother of Siamak and son of Baquer, said in a statement Tuesday after Trump's speech. "I hope and a pray that my father and brother won't suffer the same fate [as Otto Warmbier] at the hands of the Iranian government. I urge the president to spare no effort to bring my family home."

Trump's statements came one day after the U.N. Working Group on Arbitrary Detention issued an opinion declaring that the Namazis are being held illegally and demanding their immediate release.

Jared - Genser - Namazis - Attorney

Jared Genser, the Namazis' attorney,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Washington Free Beacon
Wake Up To Breaking News!