Jemele Hill: ‘White supremacist’ tweet paints ESPN in unfair light as White House says Hill should be fired

Conservative Firing Line | 9/14/2017 | Staff
leeann77 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://conservativefiringline.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/jemelehill2.jpg

Click For Photo: http://conservativefiringline.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/jemelehill2-1200x630.jpg

On Wednesday, ESPN host Jemele Hill whined that her tweets calling President Trump a white supremacist paint the network in an unfair light. Meanwhile, The Hill said, the White House responded to her initial accusation, saying she should be fired from her job at ESPN.

“My comments on Twitter expressed my personal beliefs. My regret is that my comments and the public way I made them painted ESPN in an unfair light. My respect for the company and my colleagues remains unconditional,” she said on Twitter.

Wednesday - White - House - Press - Secretary

On Wednesday, White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders called Hill initial accusation “outrageous” and called on the network to fire her.

“That is one of the more outrageous comments that anybody could make and certainly is something that is a fireable offense by ESPN,” she said.

Hill

According to The Hill:

ESPN has reprimanded Jemele Hill, an African-American woman who co-hosts a show called “SC6 with Michael and Jemele,” for a string of tweets sent out over the weekend calling Trump and his supporters white supremacists.

Statement - ESPN - Smith - Remarks

In a statement, ESPN sought to distance itself from Smith’s remarks.

“The comments on Twitter from Jemele Hill regarding the president do not represent the position of ESPN,” the network said. “We have addressed this with Jemele and she recognizes her actions were inappropriate.”

Right - String - Incidents - ESPN - Bias

But many on the right are fuming, believing that it is the latest in a string of incidents that reveal ESPN’s liberal bias.

Sanders, The Hill added, defended Trump on Tuesday, saying that he had recently met with Sen. Tim Scott (R-S.C.), who is black, and other “highly respected leaders in the African-American community” and that he is “committed to working with them to bring the country together.”

President - Democrats - Amnesty - Immigrants

Moreover, the president met with top Democrats and is reportedly considering an amnesty of some 800,000 illegal immigrants, much to...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Conservative Firing Line
35 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!