Click For Photo: https://pmcvariety.files.wordpress.com/2016/10/david-faraci.jpg?w=1000&h=562&crop=1
Movie blogger Devin Faraci has stepped down from working for a second time for Alamo Drafthouse, less than a year after he departed as editor-in-chief of its Birth.Movies.Death. in the wake of being accused of sexual assault.
Drafthouse CEO Tim League made the announcement Wednesday evening — reversing course on his disclosure a day earlier that Faraci was once again working for the Austin, Texas-based movie theater chain and distribution company. League had said on Tuesday that Faraci has “entered recovery” and had been sober since the allegations were made in 2016.
League - Pressure - Contact - Blogger - Letter
League appeared to have relented to public pressure to terminate contact with the controversial blogger, posting a short letter on Facebook on Wednesday evening that said Faraci had offered his resignation — which was accepted. League also said he was willing to talk to people about the controversy in small group discussions beginning on Friday.
The editor of Drafthouse’s Birth.Movies.Death. website Meredith Borders also made a statement on Wednesday evening that Faraci “has not worked in any capacity for Birth.Movies.Death. — not the website, the magazine or the management of the department.”
League - Wednesday - Announcement - Faraci - Decision
League said in the Wednesday announcement that he and Faraci had agreed that it was the “right decision” for Faraci to depart.
See the text of League’s letter below.
Hello - Everyone
I would like you each to know that I have spoken with Devin today, and we agreed it is the right decision for him to leave the company permanently. He offered his resignation, and I have accepted it.
Company - Ability
Our company values the ability to reflect on our...
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!