Hillary Clinton on Russian Meddling: 'Probably Bigger Than Watergate'

Newsmax | 9/13/2017 | Staff
superdudea (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.newsmax.com/CMSPages/GetFile.aspx?guid=19ba668d-eb66-4f1e-9e89-917d6f5bd779&SiteName=Newsmax&imgtype=.jpg

Hillary Clinton said Wednesday that Russia's meddling in the presidential election was "probably bigger than Watergate" and that the Kremlin ran "a highly sophisticated influence operation."

"It's probably bigger than Watergate, because it is about the future," the former Democratic presidential candidate told Anderson Cooper on CNN. "We no longer are worried about spies dressed in black stealing information.

Offices - Intelligence - Venues - Core - Life

"They do it sitting in the offices of the Russian military intelligence and other related venues and they get into the core of our life now through the computer networks."

Cooper's interview with Clinton was part of her book tour promoting her new memoir, "What Happened."

Claims - Republicans - Moscow - Votes - November

Despite claims by Republicans that Moscow did not change any votes in the November election, Clinton told Cooper that "this was a highly sophisticated influence operation.

"It did affect people's votes," she said. "I think it cost me votes."

Democratic - National - Committee - WikiLeaks - Kremlin

She added that the stolen Democratic National Committee eventually published by WikiLeaks "were weaponized" by the Kremlin.

"They clearly knew that stories that were being made up trying to use the e-mails and were permeating Facebook and other sites," she said of the Trump campaign.

Influence - Voters - Clinton - Evidence - Russians

"I think the influence did affect individual voters," Clinton said. "What we don't know yet — and we're only beginning to get evidence of is why were the Russians intruding into our voter registration rolls."

Clinton declined to...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Newsmax
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: