WH: Trump Did ‘More for Bipartisanship in the Last 8 Days Than Obama Did in 8 Years’

CNS News | 9/13/2017 | Staff
blockstyle (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.cnsnews.com/20170913_141345.jpg

(CNSNews.com) - The White House said Wednesday that President Donald Trump has done more for bipartisanship than former President Barack Obama did during both terms in office.

White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders was responding to questions about tonight’s scheduled dinner with House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Senate Democratic Leader Chuck Schumer, specifically whether he was negotiating on behalf of Republican congressional leadership.

President - Behalf - People - Idea - Thing

“The president is negotiating on behalf of the American people exactly what he was elected to do, and the idea that you guys keep trying to distort this into a bad thing is, I think, exactly why this president was elected. They were sick and tired of business as usual,” Sanders said.

“They wanted somebody who would break up the status quo, that would bring people from both sides of the table together to have conversations. This president has done more for bipartisanship in the last eight days than Obama did in eight years,” she added.

Sanders - Statement - Meetings - Trump - Democrats

When asked whether Sanders was basing that statement off of the meetings Trump has had with Democrats at the White House, Sanders said, “I’m basing that on the fact that he’s actually willing to sit down with members of the opposite party, something that President Obama rarely did, and certainly didn't listen to members of the opposite party.

“I can't think of a single time where he made a deal with anybody from the opposite side of -- from anybody beyond the Democrat Party,” she said. “And again, this president is committed to doing that.

Agendas - Time - Democrats - Meetings

“He hasn’t just done it once, but he’s continuing to do that as we move into one of the most ambitious legislative agendas that we’ve had in a long time, and we're committed to working with Democrats. He’s both stated that publicly and in these meetings that he’s going...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNS News
4 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!