EXCLUSIVE: Florida couple reveal how they narrowly beat death when they decided to ride out Irma in their Orlando trailer and a 40 foot tree crashed just feet away from where they were sleeping

Mail Online | 9/12/2017 | Martin Gould In Eustis, Florida For Dailymail.com
Zorra (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/09/12/19/44332ED900000578-0-image-a-2_1505242426541.jpg

Donna Wiley thought about evacuating her Florida home when news of how huge Hurricane Irma was set to spin its deadly path through the state.

'It was a very brief thought,' the 57-year-old exclusively told DailyMail.com. 'When a hurricane comes I never normally even consider leaving, but this time I did think about it for a couple of seconds.'

End - James - Storm - Trailer - Outskirts

In the end she and husband James, 50, decided to stay put and ride out the storm in their three-bedroom double-wide trailer on the outskirts of Eustis, Florida, some 25 miles northwest of Orlando.

And that decision was nearly the last one they ever made.

Monday - Pine - Tree - Neighbor - Property

At exactly 5am Monday, a massive 40-foot pine tree from a neighbor's property came crashing down, caving in the roof and landing within feet of where the couple was sleeping.

'I know it was 5 because I grabbed my flashlight and shone it at the clock on the wall,' said James. 'The ceiling had come down and was now at a level just below the 12 on the clock.'

Hours - James - Donna - Storm - Tree

For hours James and Donna were stuck as the storm howled around them. The fallen tree was blocking the front door and a downed power pole made an escape from the back a potentially deadly venture.

Power was off, their phones were down — a massive surge when the electricity cut out had drained all the juice from their cellphones and their landline was dead.

James - Donna - Wiley - Home

James and Donna Wiley were literally trapped in their own home.

'We didn't know what we were going to do,' said James, a mason. 'I grabbed my flashlight and I could see all the wires down out the back so I knew I wasn't going near them. I was worried about getting zapped.

Tree - Door - Meaning - There

'And the tree covered the front door, meaning we couldn't get out there.'

The Wileys' story is one of...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
8 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Is it real news?? or MSM news??