New plastic £10 note is ALREADY on sale on eBay for £15 - even though it's not out until Thursday 

Mail Online | 9/12/2017 | Paddy Dinham;Scott Campbell For Mailonline
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/09/12/20/1783CCA700000514-0-image-a-13_1505244702283.jpg

Click For Video: http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2017/07/18/8964293467885421950/1024x576_MP4_8964293467885421950.mp4

The new polymer £10 note featuring Jane Austen is already being flogged by thrifty eBay venders for £15 - even though it does not come into circulation until Thursday.

Notes with low serial numbers could be worth thousands when they are released this week, and one online seller is offering to queue up at banks, having already flogged 73 notes at £14.99 each.

Release - Repeat - Currency - 'AA - Number

The release will see a repeat of the scramble to find currency with the coveted 'AA' serial number from when the £5 polymer notes were put into general circulation earlier this year.

A post on the site by the seller says: 'As I am a banknote collector I understand all too well the importance of condition so they will be handled with due care and attention at every step.

Notes - Day - Layer - Card - Class

'The notes will be sent on the day I get them. It goes without saying they will be securely packed using a double layer of card and then posted 1st class signed for.

'Like last year they don't allow requests for serial numbers, you just get the next lot from their allocation.

Purchases

'Multiple purchases would be consecutively numbered.

'I will keep you updated via ebay message and of course you can cancel at any time.'

Currency - Washing - Machine - Spills

The new currency is plastic, difficult to tear and can survive being put through the washing machine and other spills.

Adapting bank cash machines, rail ticket machines, self-service tills and other vending machines to cope with them is costing up to £236million, say consultants CMS Payment.

Machines - Notes - Security - Features

Not all machines are ready to take the new notes, which have extra security features, making them harder to counterfeit.

These include a see-through window framing the Queen’s portrait and Big Ben in gold foil on the front and in silver on the back.

Blind - Distinguish - Denominations - £10

To help the blind and vision-impaired distinguish between denominations, new £10...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
34 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!