Gun Test: Henry AR-7 Survival Rifle

The Daily Caller | 9/12/2017 | Staff
TitanSwimr (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://cdn01.dailycaller.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/SI_HenrySurvive-e1505250073337.jpg

The Henry AR-7 survival rifle is available in several finish options, including black and camo.

When I was growing up, I viewed guns—all guns—with an equal degree of awe and enthusiasm. One such rifle that turned my extremely impressionable 7-year-old head was the Armalite AR-7 Explorer survival rifle. Perhaps one of the most well-known survival rifles ever created, the AR-7 was originally designed by M16-creator Eugene Stoner, and has seen service with U.S. Air Force pilots and aircrewmen as a survival rifle since 1959. With its hollow stock and takedown capability, for me it was puppy love at first sight. After all, it was the same rifle Sean Connery used to thwart an enemy helicopter attack in the James Bond film, “From Russia, With Love.” Pitted against such modularity, not to mention the weighty cinematic endorsement of a British super spy, my Ruger 10/22 suddenly paled in comparison.

Agent - Istanbul - Decoding - Machine - Newcomer

Thankfully, you don’t need to be a globe-hopping secret agent searching Istanbul for a Russian decoding machine or an adolescent newcomer to shooting (although the fun associated with a .22 LR has a tendency to bring out the kid in all of us) to see the benefits of the Henry AR-7 survival rifle, available from Henry Repeating Arms. Just as the U.S. Survival AR-7 doesn’t fall into the category of clandestine hardware, it doesn’t really match the urban-emergency/zombie-apocalypse category of firearms commonly found in the gun press today. Rather, it is better suited to serve as an emergency-survival tool—the type of supplementary gear you’d want with you during tough times, whether lost while backpacking through sparsely populated wilderness, piloting a bush plane over Alaska’s untamed landscape when an engine fails or when your car’s radiator explodes stranding you 100 miles outside of Tucson. In any such situation, you may be on your own for...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Daily Caller
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!