MSNBC’s Joy Reid: Trump Era Is the ‘Worst Time to Be a Human’

Washington Free Beacon | 9/12/2017 | Katelyn Caralle
Click For Photo: http://freebeacon.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/joy-reid.jpg

BY: Katelyn Caralle

MSNBC host Joy Reid said in a new interview published Monday that Donald Trump's presidency is "the worst time to be a human."

New - York - Magazine - Vulture - Website

New York magazine's "Vulture" website sat down with Reid, who hosts the weekend show "AM Joy," for an interview on the "Trump Era" that was flagged by NewsBusters.

Interviewer Josef Adalian praised Reid for her recent professional success and asked the TV host about the "irony" of Trump's presidency for her.

Campaign - Election - Season - Elevation - Trump

"You were obviously doing very well before the 2016 campaign, but that election season and the subsequent elevation of Trump to the presidency have actually been incredible for your career," Adalian said. "‘AM Joy' is setting ratings records for MSNBC. You're reaching twice as many viewers as you did before, probably, and you're connecting to them on a very deep level. And yet you're clearly not very happy about where the country has been heading. Is there a mixed-emotion type thing going on for you?"

"I've said to people that this is probably the greatest time to be a journalist, and the worst time to be a human," Reid said. "I think because this election was so unusual, and because I kind of am a stand-in for my viewers—I can be shocked on their behalf—that made people connect with me more."

Reid - Opinion - Journalist - Distaste - Trump

Reid noted that she is an "opinion journalist" and therefore does not have to hide her distaste for Trump.

"I'm an opinion journalist, so I don't have to pretend not to be shocked and appalled. I can actually be shocked and appalled. So it's kind of played to my strength in a way. My previous job was a bit different," she said.

Adalian - Reid - Subject - Book - Reid

Adalian also asked Reid what the subject of her next book will be. Reid explained that...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Washington Free Beacon
22 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!
May you always have love to share, health to spare, and friends that care