Did Trump Just Slam Hillary's New Book?

www.zerohedge.com | 9/12/2017 | Staff
chrismpotts (Posted by) Level 3

As Hillary Clinton's "What Happened" novel hits the shelves today - at a 40% discount - it appears President Trump just took a subtle shot at the former first lady's view of the world...

It's hard to disagree with President Trump's vie of Hillary's book (if that is who he is indirectly discussing) as the level of cognitive dissonance within seems monumental. The Hill offers five of the most memorable anecdotes shared by Clinton in her book.

President - Obama - Clinton - President - Party

President Obama signaled to Clinton early on in 2013 and 2014 that she should run for president. “He made it clear that he believed that I was our party’s best chance to hold the White House and keep our progress going, and he wanted me to move quickly to prepare to run,” Clinton wrote. She wrote that Obama’s support meant a ton to her. “I knew President Obama thought the world of his Vice President, Joe Biden, and was close to some other potential candidates, so his vote of confidence meant a great deal to me.”

As she decided whether to show up for President Trump’s inauguration, Clinton sought advice from a surprising source: former President George W. Bush. Bush had his own family disagreements with Trump, who had ridiculed his brother Jeb Bush during the GOP primaries. But he advised Clinton to go to the inauguration, arguing it was for the good of the country. “That gave me the push I needed,” Clinton wrote. “Bill and I would go.” Bush was also the first to call Clinton after she delivered her concession speech and waited on the line while she hugged and thanked her supporters. When Clinton finally came to the phone, the former president “suggested we find time to get burgers together. I think that’s Texan for ‘I feel your pain,’ ” Clinton wrote.

You’d...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.zerohedge.com
7 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Sometimes I Wake Up Grumpy. Other Times I Let Her Sleep
Tagged: