Joy Reid: Trump Era Is 'The Worst Time to Be a Human'

NewsBusters | 9/12/2017 | Staff
blockstyle (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.newsbusters.org/images/joy-reid-ad.jpg

MSNBC weekend host Joy Reid drew another gushy interview from the liberal media, in this case New York magazine's Josef Adalian. Check out the first syrupy sentence: "Joy Reid has not figured out how to bend the rules of space and time, though regular viewers of MSNBC can be forgiven for thinking she somehow has done just that." Reid really does have a talent for bending reality, imagining in this interview that right now in the Age of Trump is the "worst time to be a human" and that Republicans are out to repeal the 20th century. But not before Adalian praises her as an incredible success:

ADALIAN: There has to be some irony here for you. You were obviously doing very well before the 2016 campaign, but that election season and the subsequent elevation of Trump to the presidency have actually been incredible for your career. AM Joy is setting ratings records for MSNBC. You’re reaching twice as many viewers as you did before, probably, and you’re connecting to them on a very deep level. And yet you’re clearly not very happy about where the country has been heading. Is there a mixed-emotion type thing going on for you?

REID - People - Time - Journalist - Time

REID: I’ve said to people that this is probably the greatest time to be a journalist, and the worst time to be a human. I’m grateful for the platform that I have. I was grateful for it before, when it was much smaller. I think because this election was so unusual, and because I kind of am a stand-in for my viewers — I can be shocked on their behalf — that made people connect with me more. I’m an opinion journalist, so I don’t have to pretend not to be shocked and appalled. I can actually be shocked and appalled....
(Excerpt) Read more at: NewsBusters
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: