Cincinnati Bengals Player Stands for Anthem: “I Love My Country”

Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion | 9/11/2017 | Mary Chastain
erinmmarion (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://legalinsurrection.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/CincinnatiBengalsPlayerStandsAnthem.jpg

Last season, quarterback Colin Kaepernick decided to kneel for the national anthem before football games, which led to players to do the same and activists lavished him with praise. He is not playing this year, but some players have decided to continue his actions. While Kaepernick’s choice gave him a lot of media attention, Cincinnati Bengals tight end Tyler Eifert decided to explain why he still stands for the national anthem.

Eifert wrote at Medium that his passion for standing for the national anthem and when someone feels passionate about something, “it gets to the point where you want both sides to be heard.” He is correct. The only ones who receive the attention are those football players who kneel or sit, not those who stands.

Kaepernick - Anthem - Inequality - Eifert - Media

Kaepernick decided to kneel for the anthem due to racial inequality, but Eifert points out that “has gotten lost in the media” and now all the hot takes are simply about whether one should stand or kneel. He continued:

I stand because I love my country.

People - Lives - Line - Basis - Army

I stand because I want to honor the people putting their lives on the line for me on a daily basis in the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, and Coast Guard.

I stand because my cousin is a pilot in the United States Air Force, risking his life flying F-15s in active war zones. He takes pride in his job protecting Americans, a sacrifice that all members of every branch of the United States military willfully take.

Eifert - Pat - Tillman - Arizona - Cardinals

Eifert mentioned Pat Tillman, the Arizona Cardinals player who gave up his multi-million contract to fight in Afghanistan after the September 11, 2001, attacks:

When you look at what is happening all over the world today, as a fellow professional football player, I am in awe of Pat Tillman’s courage. In 2002, he walked away from millions...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!
"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into"--Jonathan Swift