Janet Yellen Had Breakfast With Ivanka Trump On July 17, Fed Schedule Reveals

www.zerohedge.com | 9/11/2017 | Staff
Fed Chair Janet Yellen had a breakfast meeting with Donald Trump's daughter, Ivanka, on Monday, July 17 from 8am to 9am, at the U.S. central bank, according to Fed public schedules, posted earlier this month on the Fed website. Bloomberg first reported the encounter.

Eight days after the one-hour meeting in a private dining room at the Fed, on July 25 Trump told the Wall Street Journal that Yellen was “in the running, absolutely,” for a second term as chair. “I like her; I like her demeanor. I think she’s done a good job,” he said. “I’d like to see rates stay low. She’s historically been a low-interest-rate person" the president added about the Fed chairman.

Fed - Chair - Administration - Officials - Members

The Fed chair often meets with administration officials and members of Congress. But as the LA Times notes, a sit-down with a member of the First Family is highly unusual for the chief of the nation's independent central bank.

The breakfast came as Yellen's four-year term is set to expire in February. She has not said publicly if she is interested in a second term but Trump has said he is considering renominating her.

Millionaire - Warns - Out - Cash

Reclusive Millionaire Warns: “Get Out Of Cash Now”

Something strange is going on in the financial system. And according to The Wall Street Journal, it’s causing some...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.zerohedge.com
25 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!
May you always have love to share, health to spare, and friends that care