We Must Keep Our Promise Not To Forget 9/11

The Daily Caller | 9/11/2017 | Staff
TitanSwimr (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://cdn01.dailycaller.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/September-11-Ground-Zero-Getty-Images-Alex-Fuchs.jpg

The question is both tragic and cliché – where were you on when the 9/11 attacks happened?

I was in fourth grade at Upper Greenwood Lake Elementary School in Hewitt, NJ. Without warning, the teachers congregated in the hallways, whispering, with concerned looks on their faces. It was hours before I actually knew what was going on.

O'clock - Afternoon - Loudspeaker - Clock - Classroom

Around 1 o’clock in the afternoon the loudspeaker next to the clock buzzed into the back-wing classroom I sat in, drawing designs on the paper bag covering my textbook. I was summoned to the main office, and told to bring my belongings – I knew I was going home, and I knew something was not right.

That tragedy of course was the mass murder of over 3,000 Americans when Islamist terrorists turned domestic flights into kamikaze bombs – one into each of the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center in New York City, and one into the Pentagon.

Target - White - House - Band - Brave

One didn’t make it to its intended target, likely the White House, due to a band of brave Americans that fought back and drove United Airlines Flight 93 (that was scheduled to fly Newark to San Francisco) into field in Shanksville, PA.

Certain memories of that day are blurry, it was 16 years ago and I was just nine years old, relying on the quiet violence on the muted television replays of the events and the details my parents would fill in.

Situation - Truth - Day - Hours - Attacks

My situation requires me to never forget the truth of that day. In the hours that followed the initial attacks, my father let us know he would be heading into lower Manhattan to assist with the recovery efforts. He is an NYC Local 15 Operating Engineer, and holds a few more licenses for heavy equipment than your average blue-collar worker — it’s what he loves. None of us...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Daily Caller
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: