Charlie Daniels: My Most Poignant and Bruising Memory Was on 9/11

CNS News | 9/11/2017 | Staff
TitanSwimr (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.cnsnews.com/twin_towers_tribute_in_light_memorial_of_sept._11_2001_u.s._air_force_photo-denise_gould.jpg

There are a few days in my life when I remember the location and the circumstances of my surroundings, when I learned about events that really meant something in my life.

I was only five when Pearl Harbor was bombed, but I recall it well.

Victory - Hitler - Nazis - Celebrations - Jubilation

I was eight the when victory over Hitler’s Nazis was declared, but I remember the celebrations and jubilation.

I remember where I was when man first walked on the moon, the day Elvis died, the night Lynyrd Skynyrd’s plane went down and many other vivid memories that had an effect on me in a personal or professional manner.

Memory - September - Charlie - Jr - Plane

But my most poignant and bruising memory was on September 11, 2001 when Charlie, Jr. called me and told me that a plane had crashed into the WTC twin towers in New York, shortly followed by another, a plane crash in the Pennsylvania country side and yet another crash into the Pentagon.

It was the most confusing day I can ever remember, as America went on full alert, grounding commercial air traffic and all of us wondering how far it would go.

Was - End - Plane - Crashes

Was this the end of the plane crashes, or were there more to come?

Were there terrorist cells amongst us that would take the battle to the streets?

Off

Who pulled this off, and how did they do it?

Was this a random act of terrorism, or was it the beginning of an all-out war?

Answers - America - Action

The answers were slow in coming, and when they did, America wanted immediate action.

America was mad. America was insulted and could see no reason how this could have happened. America was willing, at least for a little while, to forget about being Democrats or Republicans, conservatives or liberals, black, white, straight, gay, rich or poor, and for a while, we all became plain old garden variety Americans, united under the same...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNS News
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!