Dramatic moment beach-goers dash for cover and umbrellas fly as freak microbust of 80mph winds and rain smash a California coastline - leaving a young girl with a fractured skull

Mail Online | 9/6/2017 | Darren Boyle for MailOnline
pixielilia (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/09/06/17/43F9ED5800000578-0-image-a-32_1504715107739.jpg

This is the dramatic moment sun worshipers on a California beach were hit by an 80mph microburst, leaving one teenage girl seriously injured.

The incident happened on Sunday afternoon as day trippers were enjoying the fine weather in Santa Barbara.

Residents - Caribbean - Florida - Hurricane - Irma

While residents in the Caribbean and Florida prepared for Hurricane Irma, those in California thought they were safe from the inclement conditions.

However, the microburst, which struck without warning, saw trees blown down and beach umbrellas destroyed while chairs shot across the sand.

Microbursts - Weather - Systems - Damage - Winds

Microbursts are incredibly powerful local weather systems, which can cause extensive damage. The powerful winds have even caused aircraft to crash when approaching the runway.

According to an appeal on GoFundMe, one girl was seriously injured by the freak storm.

Karina - Arroyo-Nuño - Money - Cousin - Alyssa

Karina Arroyo-Nuño is raising the money for her cousin Alyssa.

According to the appeal: 'As some of you already know, my younger cousin, Alyssa Nuño was severely injured in the storm on Sunday afternoon causing her critical injuries.

'She - Bones - Skull - Head - Trauma

'She has suffered multiple broken bones, a fractured skull and some head trauma.

'She is currently being treated at Children's hospital in LA, awaiting her following surgeries on Wednesday and Thursday.

'Please - Family - Money - Expenses - Prayers

'Please help my family & I raise money for her medical expenses and keep her in your prayers. For those who aren't familiar with...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
NY Times, a small niche paper for a small niche people in a really big internet