Heavily pregnant mother-to-be, 24, stole customer's purse from celebrity clothing boutique as she collected designer shoes paid for with benefits before splashing cash at McDonalds

Mail Online | 8/23/2017 | Keiran Southern For Mailonline
tiazanne (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/08/23/11/437C6F2100000578-0-image-a-2_1503483289195.jpg

A jobless single mother-to-be carried out a callous theft at an upmarket clothing boutique as she collected a pair of designer shoes she bought with her state handouts.

Heavily pregnant Jessica Gormley, 24, had been on one of her 'regular' trips to celebrity hangout Flannels in Manchester when she spotted a purse left unattended on a counter.

Hand - Gormley - Friend - Bank - Cards

But rather than hand it in, Gormley took it and she and a friend used bank cards inside to go on further shopping trips to ASDA, Tesco and McDonalds.

The victim of the theft Wei Yu, a Chinese woman living in the UK reported the theft to Flannels staff and when CCTV of the theft was played back an assistant recognised regular customer Gormley - as the store had her contact details.

Brunette - Purse - Purse - Miss - Yu

But when the brunette was contacted and asked to return the purse she retorted: 'F*** off.' The purse was eventually returned to Miss Yu's minus £160 cash, a reward card worth £100, an Oyster Card worth £35 and a £40 gift card.

The victim's biometric card which allowed her to return to her native, China, in an emergency was also missing.

Statement - Miss - Yu - Person - Right

In a statement Miss Yu said: 'No person has the right to steal any of my items, I was very upset and distressed and cried many times. All I wanted was my property returned and to have an empty wallet was an insult. My biometric card was the most important thing, I can't travel to China in an emergency. The human cost should be taken into account.'

At Manchester Magistrates Court, Gormley from Newton Heath and Samantha Hackett, 27, from Moston pleaded guilty to two counts of theft. Gormley, who is eight months pregnant was ordered to pay £300 in compensation and fined £250 - all of which will be deducted from her benefits...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!