Start every day with cardio, lift light weights and eat six meals per day: Fitness guru, 40, reveals how to get a bikini body WITHOUT fad diets, detoxes or 'quick fixes'

Mail Online | 8/13/2017 | Laura House For Daily Mail Australia
brunodeuce44 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/08/14/00/433B7A8D00000578-0-image-a-21_1502668560247.jpg

As we edge closer to summer, social feeds are being flooded with fad diets, juice cleanses and quick fixes to help you sculpt your 'dream bikini body'.

And while some of these methods may help you see a short term result, Australian health and fitness educator, Belinda Norton-Smith, says there are simple lifestyle changes you can make to ensure long term results.

Gold - Coast - Fitness - Guru - Shape

The Gold Coast based fitness guru, who at 40 is in the best shape of her life, has shared with FEMAIL her top tips for overhauling your health and lifestyle regime and transforming your body ahead of summer.

'All of these intense diets and restrictive programs can have some serious ramifications on your body and as we age it will start to show in your skin and you will age faster,' Belinda said.

Twenties - Training - Cardio - Life - Exercise

'In my twenties I was over training, eating too little, doing too much cardio and not living a quality life. Instead we should all be spending our exercise minutes benefiting the whole body with targeted, quick exercises and by eating more.'

According to Belinda, people should be starting each morning off with 30 minutes of fasted cardio.

'You - Minutes - House - Something - Treadmill

'You can walk for 30 minutes if you don't want to run and if you can't leave the house then do something stationary like jumping on the treadmill or bike at home or skipping,' Belinda said.

'Exercising on an empty stomach before breakfast kickstarts your metabolism, sets up your heart rate and speeds up your blood around your body. It's also great for your energy and if you have kids, it's great for them too.'

DO - SPEED - CIRCUITS - WITH - LIGHT

DO SPEED CIRCUITS WITH LIGHT WEIGHTS

'We don't need to bulk up with heavy weights you just need to do speed circuits for 40 minutes with light weights to lengthen the muscles, not shorten them,' Belinda...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
The American Government, working tireless for everyone, except Americans.