Beat acne with pumpkin seeds, fight sun damage with kiwi fruit and hydrate with CHOCOLATE: The foods you should be eating now to have glowing skin by summer

Mail Online | 8/12/2017 | Laura House For Daily Mail Australia
TaylorShaye (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/08/13/07/4336981C00000578-0-image-a-44_1502606619156.jpg

Throughout the winter months our skin is subjected to air conditioning, chilly wind gusts and overheated spaces.

And as a result, many people are left with a dry, lacklustre complexion - even if they are following a regular skincare regime.

Skin - State - Nutritionist - Food - Founder

To restore the skin back to its glowing pre-winter state, Australian nutritionist and Supercharged Food founder, Lee Holmes, has shared some of her top skin-boosting foods with FEMAIL.

'Maybe your skin's looking a little worse for wear after breezy winter nights or, maybe you've experienced one too many wind tunnels or, maybe you just want an extra glow. How do you get back that special summer glow before it's too late?' Lee said.

Food - List - Foods - Summer - Arrives

'Don't stress, we have food for that. I've compiled a list of my favourite foods to get you glowing before summer arrives.'

'Let's start with the wonder spice of 2017 - turmeric. Not only can turmeric fight acne and breakouts, it can also add a youthful glow to your skin,' Lee said.

Properties

'Turmeric is a great antiseptic and is high in both antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.

'But while turmeric lattes are all the go at the moment, don't forget turmeric is a great addition to any curry, soup, stir-fry and even scrambled eggs.'

AVOCADO

AVOCADO

'Let's be real: avocado is a bit of a luxury. I'm sure you've seen the movies where the girls apply avocado face masks to their skin and magically glow for hours on end,' Lee said.

'But - Rest - Folk - Piece - Fruit

'But for the rest of us common folk, I'm not sure why you would want to waste such a special piece of fruit on your skin! You can actually gain all of the benefits of avocado just from eating it!

'Avocados are high in vitamin E, vitamin A, vitamin B and plenty of amino acids to nourish and moisturise your...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
57 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!