'It's important that we don't forget our brothers and sisters': Bruno Mars donates $1 million toward water crisis victims in Flint, Michigan

Mail Online | 8/12/2017 | Associated Press;Dailymail.com Reporter
jenny124124 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/08/13/06/433675B700000578-0-image-a-114_1502602644167.jpg

Bruno Mars said Saturday he is donating $1 million from his Michigan concert to aid those impacted by the Flint water crisis.

The Grammy-winning star told the audience at his show in Auburn Hills, Michigan - about 30 miles from Detroit - that he and his tour promoter, Live Nation, are redirecting funds from the show to the charity The Community Foundation of Greater Flint.

Entertainer - Statement - Audience - Cause - Issue

The 31-year-old entertainer said in a statement that he was 'very thankful' to his audience 'for joining [him] in supporting this cause,' which remains a major issue in the community.

'Ongoing challenges remain years later for Flint residents, and it's important that we don't forget our brothers and sisters affected by this disaster.'

Flint - Water - Sources - Phosphates - Lead

In 2014, Flint switched water sources and failed to add corrosion-reducing phosphates, allowing lead from old pipes to leach into the water.

Elevated levels of lead, a neurotoxin, were detected in children, and 12 people died in a Legionnaires' disease outbreak that experts suspect was linked to the improperly-treated water.

Artist

The That's What I Like artist, who was born and...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
112 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!