Ted Cruz and other Republican senators call to designate Virginia car attack domestic terrorism as FBI opens civil rights investigation

Mail Online | 8/12/2017 | Keith Griffith For Dailymail.com
KimmyPoo (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/08/13/07/43367E5900000578-0-image-a-61_1502604119704.jpg

Click For Video: http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2017/08/12/7993417070562619461/1024x576_MP4_7993417070562619461.mp4

Texas Senator Ted Cruz and a number of other prominent Republicans have called for a car attack in Virginia to be labeled domestic terrorism, and the FBI has announced it is investigating the incident as a federal civil rights case.

'I urge the Department of Justice to immediately investigate and prosecute this grotesque act of domestic terrorism,' Cruz said in a statement responding to the Saturday attack in Charlottesville, Virginia.

Republican - Senators - Terrorism

Other Republican senators quickly jumped to label the incident terrorism as well.

Arrested and charged with second-degree murder in the attack was James Alex Fields Jr, 20, of Maumee, Ohio.

Field - Mother - Samantha - Bloom - Toledo

Field's mother, Samantha Bloom, told the Toledo Blade that he had texted her on Friday to say he was going to an 'alt-right' rally in Virginia.

'I told him to be careful,' she told the newspaper. '(And) if they're going to rally to make sure he's doing it peacefully.'

Fields - Identity - Group - Vanguard - America

Fields was pictured marching with white identity group Vanguard America at the Saturday rally in Charlottesville, which erupted into chaos as police and antifa clashed with protesters before the rally could begin.

President Donald Trump admonished the day's tragic events, saying in a press conference: 'We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry, violence, on many sides... The hate and division must stop, and must stop right now.'

Trump - Failure - Act - 'terrorism - Criticism

But Trump's failure to condemn the act as 'terrorism' was met with harsh criticism.

Republican strategist Ana Navarro commented on Trump's statement and said: 'This is not "many sides". It's White Supremacist Terrorism. The President of the United States does not have the spine to say so. Shameful.'

Leaders - Florida - Senator

Republican leaders like Florida Senator...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
52 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!
This space intentionally left blank