Trump Slams Transgender Issue With 1st Statement Since Banning Them From Military

Conservative Tribune | 8/12/2017 | Benjamin DeKraker
joseph76 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://conservativetribune.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Trump-trans-lawsuit.jpg

Donald Trump’s recent announcement about transgender people joining the military sparked outrage from the left.

Now, the president is pushing back with one of his first statements about the issue since he announced the widespread policy change.

Country - Club - New - Jersey - Trump

While visiting his country club in New Jersey, Trump spoke out about his decision to ban transgender individuals from the military, and defended against accusations that he’s an enemy of LGBT people.

“I have great respect for the community,” he stated, according to The Blaze.

Support - Support - Community - Lot - Votes

“I think I’ve had great support, or I’ve had great support from that community. I got a lot of votes,” the president continued.

The commander in chief then explained why he believed the decision was the right call — and why he thinks transgender service should never have even been an issue for the United States military. The military is made to fight wars and destroy the nation’s enemies, not to engage in social engineering projects.

Issue - Military - Issue - Military - Favor

“It’s been a very complicated issue for the military, it’s been a very confusing issue for the military, and I think I’m doing the military a great favor,” Trump elaborated.

Saying he did the military a “favor” won’t go down well with the liberals — and might even shock some in the mainstream media — but the facts bear him out.

Timeline - Transgender - Issue - Trump - Stance

A timeline of the transgender enlistment issue seems to back up Trump’s stance that the topic was “confusing” for military brass.

Up until the final year of the Obama administration, transgender applicants were barred from the armed forces. The military essentially ran a test to gauge the results of a more liberal policy.

Service - Branches

However, service branches requested a six-month...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Conservative Tribune
27 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!