Here’s Why You Never Ride With Your Feet on the Dashboard

Conservative Tribune | 8/12/2017 | Kim Smith
mel4 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: http://conservativetribune.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/feet-dashboard-crash.jpg

Riding with your foot on the dashboard of a vehicle might feel relaxing and give your legs a stretch sometimes, but it is a dangerous thing to do.

Just ask Audra Tatum.

Tatum - Life - Aug - Car - Foot

Tatum’s life changed drastically on Aug. 2, 2015, when the car she was riding in, with her right foot on the dashboard, was involved in a crash that left Tatum brutally injured.

Tatum explained that while she and her husband were picking up their sons, another car pulled out in front of them.

Parents - Sons - Car - Sign - Road

“We were heading to my parents to pick up our two sons. A car came up to a stop sign and we were coming down the road and he pulled out in front of us … we T-boned him,” she WTVC.

Along with resting her leg on the dashboard, Tatum was also not wearing her seatbelt.

Airbag - Tatum - Foot - Face - Damage

When the airbag exploded, it pushed Tatum’s foot into her face, causing incredible damage to her leg, pelvis and face.

“The airbag went off, throwing my foot up and breaking my nose,” Tatum told KTVQ. “I was looking at the bottom of my foot facing up at me.”

Nose - Ankle - Femur - Shoulder - Force

Her nose, ankle, femur, and shoulder were all broken by the force, reported WTVC. Her leg needed to be pinned back together.

Doctors told Tatum that...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Conservative Tribune
38 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Keep the change!
Tagged: