'Anyone want to sort me out with dial-up?' Sky and TalkTalk broadband services crash in London after RATS chew through cables

Mail Online | 8/11/2017 | Shivali Best For Mailonline
Firefang (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/08/11/16/432BCA9900000578-0-image-a-2_1502465472663.jpg

Hundreds of Sky and TalkTalk users in parts of south London have been left without internet today after rodents damaged fibre cables.

Users in areas including Brixton, Balham and Dulwich started to report issues last night, which have persisted through to today.

Sky - Issue - People - Twitter - Broadband

Sky claims that the issue has been resolved, but several people on Twitter say that their broadband still isn't working.

While the damage took place in London, major cities are at similar risk of having their internet cut off due to rodent infestations.

Issues - Night - DownDetector - Number - Problems

The issues appeared to begin last night, and according to website DownDetector, the number of problems reported peaked at around 10pm BST.

Of the issues reported, 73 per cent said the problem was with their internet, 14 per cent said they couldn't access TV, and 12 per cent said they were facing a total blackout.

Sky - Morning - Issue - Fibre - Cables

Sky took to Twitter this morning to announce that the issue was with the fibre cables in the area.

Sky...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
80 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Satan's greatest desire is to convince the world he doesn't exist, and he has quite nearly succeeded.