Where Is the Salt? Where Is the Light?

ChurchLeaders.com | 8/10/2017 | Staff
bethtetleybethtetley (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: http://churchleaders-eszuskq0bptlfh8awbb.stackpathdns.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/8.11.CC.HOME_.WhereIsSaltLight.jpg

This has been a tough week. It’s been a tough few weeks. Mass shootings at an LBGT nightclub in Orlando. The deaths of Alton Sterling and Philando Castile. The sniper attacks on law enforcement officers in Dallas. However, these troubling times are not limited to the U.S. There’s the recorded rise of racial tension and explicit abuse after the Brexit results in the U.K., alongside political and economic uncertainty. The abduction and murder of IJM human rights lawyer Willie Kimani, his client and driver in Kenya. Bombings in Istanbul, Turkey. Bombings in Baghdad and Balad in Iraq. Attacks in Dhaka, Bangladesh. Clashes in southern Sudan. And these are just the events that appeared in my news cycle, I know there’s more. The daily realities of a broken, fearful world are devastating.

Soul stinging, gut wrenching, heart breaking.

Meetings - Conversations - God - Others - Conversations

Like you, I’ve been in prayer meetings and long conversations, lamenting and seeking God with others. I hope the conversations and prayer sessions continue; we need this time with the Lord, don’t we? We need His grace and truth to give us perspective.We need His comfort as we grieve. We need His love to fill our hearts where fear and pain and anger overwhelm. These weeks have left me vulnerable and raw, hurting for others yet feeling powerless. And in the places where the racial abuse has escalated, I’ve felt fearful for myself, my children, my family and friends. Our world needs to see His power displayed—love, mercy, salvation, redemption. We need a mighty move of God among the nations, cities, communities of our world. Nothing less.

Yet as the minutes turn to hours turn to days, I also feel the urgency of this moment of time for the church. Every generation of Christians, every generation of the church, has to decide how they will respond...
(Excerpt) Read more at: ChurchLeaders.com
28 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: