A cyberattack in Venezuela shut down dozens of websites and left millions without cellphone service

Business Insider | 8/10/2017 | AFP
tiana_101 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://static6.businessinsider.com/image/598cd7cad9a6a056008b47bf-1190-625/a-cyberattack-in-venezuela-shut-down-dozens-of-websites-and-left-millions-without-cellphone-service.jpg

Caracas (AFP) - A massive cyberattack that took down government websites in Venezuela earlier this week also has left seven million mobile phone users without service, the government said Thursday.

A group that calls itself The Binary Guardians claimed responsibility for attacks that targeted the websites of the government, the supreme court and the National Assembly.

Actions - Movilnet - GSM - Platform - Wednesday

"These terrorist actions which affected the Movilnet's GSM platform on Wednesday left without communication seven of the state operator's 13 million users," Science and Technology Minister Hugbel Roa said.

Venezuela has...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Business Insider
20 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Vote for gridlock, it's our only hope!
Sign In or Register to comment.