Music fans blast 'dangerous' festival after being forced to queue for 10 HOURS to get in without water or toilets

Mail Online | 8/10/2017 | Thomas Burrows for MailOnline
sheenabeanna (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/08/10/23/4326251300000578-0-image-a-62_1502405501297.jpg

Furious festival-goers have complained of 10 hour queues to get into BoomTown Fair with no water or toilet facilities.

Revellers trying to enter the festival in Winchester complained of sun stroke, dehydration and fighting in the queues as tensions boiled over.

Organisers - Queues - Delays - Site - Rain

Organisers blamed the lengthy queues on increased searched and delays opening the site due to the torrential rain yesterday.

But furious music fans and concerned parents blasted the festival and described the 'dangerous' situation as 'disgraceful'.

Francisco - Hurtado - Festival - Wife - Friend

Francisco Hurtado, who is attending the festival with his wife and a friend, described the queue as a 'mass of people' with 'no crowd control or water'.

Mr Hurtado, from West London, left the queue after two hours when a fight broke out.

Crowd - Control - Information - Stewards - Sight

He said: 'There's no crowd control, there's no information for us and no stewards in sight.

'People are getting very angry as the hours go by. It's not a queue but a mass of people.

'We - Metres - Hours - Someone - Queue

'We got here at 3pm but we moved about 20 metres in two hours and then someone started fighting so we've left the queue, it's not safe.

'I haven't seen any water dispensers. They [BoomTown] said there would be water points but I haven't seen any.

Portaloos - Thousands - People

'Where I am, there's only eight Portaloos but what good is that for thousands of people?'

Dominique Vulliamy Taylor whose 18-year-old daughter Coco was stuck in the queue, told MailOnline: 'My daughter is there with two friends in the queue.

'She - Hours - Morning - Friends - Tents

'She's basically spent 10 hours getting in. She got there at 11am in the morning and has just got through now. Now they have to try and find their friends and put up their tents in the dark. They've got no water and there were no toilets.

'I am furious. They should have moved the Portaloos into the queues for people. Coco injured her back falling from her...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
6 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!