Warned not to doze off at a sleepover, an 11-year-old girl awoke to scalding water burning her face

Rare | 8/10/2017 | Jeffrey Caplan
red815 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://coxrare.files.wordpress.com/2017/08/bronx-burn-victim.jpg?w=1200&h=627&crop=1

Editors Note: Images in the video may be disturbing to some viewers.

At a sleepover in the Bronx, one girl threw boiling water onto the face of another, sending her to the hospital with severe facial burns, police told the New York Daily News.

Jamoneisha - Merritt - Sleepover - Friend - House

Jamoneisha Merritt, 11, was at a sleepover at her friend’s house when she suffered second-degree burns to her face and shoulders, sources told the newspaper. She was apparently warned not to fall asleep or something would happen to her. She awoke to her face and chest burning.

According to police, one of Merritt’s classmates poured boiling water in a cup and splashed it on her, reports NBC4.


She was rushed to the burn...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Rare
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Sign In or Register to comment.

Welcome to Long Room!

Where The World Finds Its News!