Click For Photo: http://conservativetribune.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/mattis-kju.jpg
We’ve all heard President Donald Trump’s statement on North Korea’s latest nuclear saber-rattling. Now, Secretary of Defense James Mattis has broken his silence on the matter — and while there was no “fire and fury” involved, he certainly went “Mad Dog” on the North Koreans with a brutal threat.
“The DPRK must choose to stop isolating itself and stand down its pursuit of nuclear weapons,” the defense secretary said in an official statement, according to Fox News. “The DPRK should cease any consideration of actions that would lead to the end of its regime and the destruction of its people.”
Mattis - Statement - Tuesday - Report - North
Mattis’ statement came after a Tuesday report revealed that the North Koreans had successfully miniaturized a nuclear weapon to fit on a ballistic missile, possibly giving them the means to attack the United States. However, Mattis emphasized in the statement that Trump had been appraised of such a threat before he had even taken office.
“President Trump was informed of the growing threat last December and on taking office his first orders to me emphasized the readiness of our ballistic missile defense and nuclear deterrent forces,” Mattis’ statement said.
State - Department - Effort
“While our State Department is making every effort to resolve...
Wake Up To Breaking News!