A reader writes with some jitters…

Catholic and Enjoying It! | 8/10/2017 | Staff
She writes:

I caught up this morning on some news about the goings-on between our president and North Korea’s. These are scary times we live in. I have to ask: how can faithful lay Catholics respond to all of this? What can a small Catholic family do? I just recently had a baby and I think that adds a whole new element of fear with all that is going on, but I’d like to pray, do something. Ultimately, our hope is in God and we are not meant for this life, but sometimes the human tendency is to fear. Not sure what to think or do, but I’m looking for direction. Prayers for you and your beautiful family.

Short - Answer - Pray - Love - Thing

Short answer, pray, live in love, do the next practical thing, frequent the sacraments. God’s commands are remarkably small and simple. A very nice proverb that sums up the Catholic approach in times of big crisis is, “If you know the world is ending tomorrow, plant a tree today.” Loving your baby, going to Mass, and giving five bucks to a beggar the Church door will do more to save the world as any geopolitical thinker in DC. It is for folks like you that God has spared the world from letting powerful fools destroy it.

Somebody once told me the Jews have a legend that there are always 32 people in the world who are the reason God keeps sparing the world from letting it annihilate itself. I like the sentiment behind the legend: that somewhere there are modest, good, generous,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Catholic and Enjoying It!
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!