Ron Johnson suggests John McCain's brain cancer factored into no vote on 'skinny repeal'

Washington Examiner | 8/9/2017 | Melissa Quinn
Zorra (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: http://cdn.washingtonexaminer.biz/cache/1060x600-12e401eeea83b0c0444b941bc2992519.jpg

Sen. Ron Johnson, R-Wis., suggested Tuesday Sen. John McCain's brain tumor, coupled with the timing of the healthcare vote in the Senate, may have played a role in McCain's vote against the bill to repeal provisions of Obamacare.

"I'm not going to speak for John McCain — he has a brain tumor right now, that vote occurred at 1:30 in the morning, some of that might have factored in," Johnson told the radio show "Chicago's Morning Answer."

Radio - Host - Johnson - McCain - Brain

The radio host pressed Johnson on whether he really felt McCain's brain tumor impacted his judgment.

"Again, I don't know exactly — we really thought — and again I don't want to speak for any senator," the Wisconsin Republican said. "I really thought John was going to vote yes to send that to conference at 10:30 at night. By about 1, 1:30, he voted no. So you have to talk to John in terms of what was on his mind."

Julie - Tarallo - Spokeswoman - McCain - Statement

Julie Tarallo, spokeswoman for McCain, said in a statement Johnson's comments were odd given the Arizona senator's explanations of his vote.

"It is bizarre and deeply unfortunate that Senator Johnson would question the judgment of a colleague and friend," Tarallo said....
(Excerpt) Read more at: Washington Examiner
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Is it real news?? or MSM news??