Now they want to let prisoners chat on Skype behind bars! Report also suggests inmates could be released at Christmas to spent time with their children

Mail Online | 8/9/2017 | John Stevens Deputy Political Editor For The Daily Mail
Zorra (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/08/09/23/42EB2A5600000578-0-image-a-14_1502317114776.jpg

Prisoners should be able to use iPads to Skype their families from behind bars, a Government report recommends today.

They should also be considered for temporary release at Christmas to build relationships with their children, it says.

Tory - Peer - Lord - Farmer - Job

Tory peer Lord Farmer said job descriptions for guards should include 'developing personal relationships with their prisoners', with inmates given the chance to do face painting or play table football with their children during extended visits.

The multi-millionaire hedge fund boss, who was ennobled by David Cameron after he donated millions to the party, said boosting links between offenders and their families reduces the likelihood of them reoffending when they are released. But last night critics branded it soft justice.

In his report he called for:

The Ministry of Justice, which commissioned the review, last night said it had already started drawing up a plan on how to implement its recommendations. Justice Secretary David Lidington said: 'Families can play a significant role in supporting an offender and I am grateful to Lord Farmer for his dedication and research on this important issue.

'We - Prisons - Places - Safety - Reform

'We are committed to transforming prisons into places of safety and reform and we recognise the need to provide those in our care with stable environments, and opportunities to change their behaviour.'

Lord Farmer said empty prison cells should be converted into rooms where inmates whose families are unable to visit are able to have...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
23 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Is it real news?? or MSM news??