Lessons from a Three Year Old

(in)courage | 8/10/2017 | Jennifer Studio JRU
Zorra (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: http://www.incourage.me/wp/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/08102017_JenniferUeckert_WeCanHavePeace2-1200x858.jpg

A few weeks ago, I spent the day with the youngest of our family. We were at my grandma’s house and she wanted to spend time out in grandma’s garden. She carefully stepped along each path, making her way around the garden and through the flowers. Just as happy as one can be. She spotted a frog tucked under a plant and pointed at it giggling, saying, “Oh, that frog is so happy”.

I couldn’t help but just smile to see how delighted she was with everything around her. Just simply enjoying life. Not a worry on her mind. That all sounds pretty good to me. I want some of that uncomplicated joy and peace. How do I find that and hold on to that?

Cue - Year

By taking a cue from a three year old, that’s how.

Bless her heart, she is thinking and experiencing life with the heart of a child and not an adult. Instead of thinking it was too hot, and it was hot, to walk through the garden, she wanted to take a moment at each step along the path. Instead of thinking about what yet had to be done that day, she wanted to enjoy the flowers. Instead of thinking something “more important” could be done in this hour, she wanted to find the frogs.

Beauty - Peace

This is the uncomplicated beauty of pure peace.

She is reminding me how beautiful simple is. To enjoy the little things. Dwell in the beauty of life’s moments He has given us.

She is reminding me to live in the now. Not to worry so much about what comes next, what needs to be done,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: (in)courage
59 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Is it real news?? or MSM news??
Tagged: