Mormon husband who took his cheating wife hostage and assaulted her during an armed police siege after she failed a Jeremy Kyle lie detector is jailed

Mail Online | 8/9/2017 | Keiligh Baker for MailOnline
joseph76 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/08/09/10/4319FB6500000578-0-image-a-48_1502269999034.jpg

Click For Video: http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2017/08/09/2052375101951987409/1024x576_MP4_2052375101951987409.mp4

A Mormon husband has been jailed for assaulting his cheating wife during an armed police stand-off after she failed a Jeremy Kyle lie detector test.

Alan Kent, 38, locked himself and his wife Louise inside their home in Colchester, Essex, before threatening to kill himself after learning she had cheated on him.

Officers - Number - Hours - Kent - Window

Officers spent a number of hours negotiating with Kent, who was hanging out of an upstairs window, and allegedly had two children inside the house at the time.

Today Mrs Kent revealed that she forgives him for his actions during the police stand-off on July 29 and hopes they can get back together after he is released.

Stand-off - Place - Kent - ITV - Jeremy

The stand-off took place shortly after Kent appeared on ITV's Jeremy Kyle Show, suspecting his 26-year-old wife was having a three-month affair behind his back.

Kyle described him as 'his favourite guest ever' due to his smart three-piece suit, accompanied with trainers, and laid back attitude.

Television - Host - Kent - Church-going - Mormon

The television host also called Kent, a self-confessed church-going Mormon, 'barking mad' and told him 'I love you'.

The show, which was aired in February, featured Kent voicing fears his wife was being unfaithful just a year after the pair got married.

Kent - Area - Girl - Louise - Bus

Kent revealed he had moved into a new area when he spotted 'pretty girl' Louise on the bus one day while he was on his way to church.

He said he didn't believe in sex before marriage but then had Jeremy in fit of giggles after confessing the pair had sex twice four days before the wedding.

'You

'You can only put up with it for so long before it gets heavy,' he said.

A year after the pair wed, Kent feared his wife was being unfaithful. He said her behaviour changed and he saw her 'sneak sexy clothes out of the house'.

'I

He explained: 'I don't think she's as religious as I might be.'

Although Mrs...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!