Multi-millionaire founder of dating site Cupid wins a bitter row with his neighbours over plans to build an indoor swimming pool at his historic £1.2 million 19th century townhouse

Mail Online | 8/9/2017 | Anthony Joseph for MailOnline
MonkeyBubble (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/08/09/14/431C6C8500000578-0-image-a-33_1502286348419.jpg

The multi-millionaire co-founder of dating site Cupid has won a bitter row with his neighbours over plans to build an indoor swimming pool at his £1.2million townhouse.

Max Polyakov, 40, lodged plans for an indoor swimming pool and pool house at his 19th century home in Edinburgh's New Town.

Conservatory - Way - Developments - Back - B-listed

He wants to demolish a conservatory to make way for the developments at the back of the B-listed house, which forms part of the city's World Heritage Site.

However the project provoked an angry reaction from people living nearby who said it would bring down the character of the area.

Nine - Neighbours - Objections - Pool - House

Nine neighbours lodged formal objections to the proposed pool house but it has now been given the green light by officials at Edinburgh City Council.

In a letter to council bosses, Jane Thomson said: 'In my opinion this building is an unsuitable structure for a garden in what is a unique historic city landscape.

'It - Garden - Years

'It would be wrong to destroy a beautifully created garden which has been developed and nurtured over 100 years.

'The swimming pool building is much larger than the existing garden room and far more intrusive.'

Agent - Couple - Door - Property - Precedent

An agent for a couple who live next door to the property wrote: 'There is no precedent for a domestic swimming pool in the New Town or the World Heritage Site.

'This application is totally out of character for the area as a...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!