Woman Who Had Abortion Says She Wasn’t Prepared For The ‘Ungodly Mental Anguish’

The Daily Caller | 10/17/2009 | Staff
joseph76 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://cdn01.dailycaller.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/GettyImages-91967978-1-e1497445399625.jpg

Women’s Health published a feature story Tuesday about a woman who claimed she wasn’t prepared for the “ungodly mental anguish” she experienced after undergoing an abortion.

Kassi Underwood, author of “May Cause Love: An Unexpected Journey of Enlightenment,” wrote that she had dreamed about a joyful first pregnancy, but instead found herself paying for a $415 abortion. She recounted that at the time of the procedure she shook violently, and was overcome by a sense of both “elation and devastation.”

Abortion - Underwood - Mind - Baby - Imagery

After completing the abortion, Underwood said she struggled to sleep and could not cleanse her mind of baby imagery.

“I would dream of babies for the next six years: I would have babies and kill them, have babies and lose them, have babies and care for them the way I cared for my little brother,” Underwood wrote. “I wished sadness took less work to heal, but healing would take everything I had.”

Anguish - Years - Abortion - Underwood - Side

“I wish I had been prepared for the ungodly mental anguish I experienced for several years after my abortion,” Underwood added. “I tried to believe I was fine, but I slowly began to unravel. I routinely pulled over on the side of the road to double over with my head between my legs during spells of free-floating abortion panic. I wondered...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Daily Caller
8 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!