Neighbour using a blow torch to burn weeds ends up destroying a hedge, garage door and a VAN next door 'after the flames were caught by the wind'

Mail Online | 8/8/2017 | Sebastian Murphy-bates For Mailonline
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/08/08/16/4313D50700000578-0-image-a-148_1502207391961.jpg

A van was destroyed after it was set alight by a blow torch being used to burn weeds in a neighbouring property.

Firefighters were called to reports of a hedge on fire after it too was set alight in Boswell Drive, Lincoln, along with a garage door on Sunday, August 6.

Blow - Torch - Owner - Flames - Wing

The blow torch owner, who asked not be named, said the flames were caught by the wing, allowing the fire to quickly spread beyond the hedge to his neighbour's van.

He said he tried to put the flames out with a hose himself but the water 'wouldn't touch it.'

Van - Owner - Fire

He said he immediately contacted the van's owner, who was out when the fire started.

The man said his neighbour has been...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
16 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Sign In or Register to comment.