'Death row' dog who was taken to a kill shelter after being abused by owners gets a second chance after a pilot flew 750 MILES to rescue her, just 24 hours before she was due to be euthanized

Mail Online | 8/8/2017 | Dailymail.com Reporter
smilingbearsmilingbear (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/08/09/01/4316ED0200000578-0-image-a-105_1502238479022.jpg

A dog with just 24 hours to live was given a second chance at life after a pilot flew 750 miles to rescue it from its kill shelter.

Adrienne, two, had a severe bladder prolapse after a suspected case of abuse and was in desperate need of surgery.

Vets - Damage - Breeder - Birth

Vets say the damage may have been caused by a breeder ripping a puppy out from inside her during a traumatic birth or she could have been raped by a human.

The poorly pup was taken off the streets and put into a kill shelter last week. She would have been euthanized within 24 hours if rescuers hadn't stepped in.

Dog - Charity - Animals - R - Family

Dog charity Animals R Family was alerted to the case and agreed to fund the $1,500 treatment Adrienne desperately needed to survive.

But they needed to get the dog from Granville County Animal Shelter, North Carolina to a vet in Stamford, Connecticut who agreed to do the treatment for a third of the price.

Pilot - Paul - Steklenski - Tank - Trainer

When pilot Paul Steklenski, a 45-year-old former tank trainer who now runs an animal charity, heard about her ordeal he knew he had to help.

The ex-US serviceman, who trained to fly in 2013, filled his five-seater plane with fuel and flew from his home in Schwenksville, Pennsylvania, to North Carolina.

Adrienne - Plane - Seat - Dogs - Crates

He loaded Adrienne into the plane's front seat, strapped in 13 other abandoned dogs in crates to the rear and flew back to the airport in Westchester, New York—a 750-mile round-trip.

The lovable pooch—thought to be a beagle or Basset hound—was then driven to an animal hospital in Stamford and underwent surgery to reinsert her bladder on Monday.

Strength - Rescuers - Home - Pups - Paul

Once she's back up to full strength, rescuers will find her a new home along with the other pups Paul rescued, which have been taken to other, non-kill shelters.

'When I heard about Adrienne I knew I had to help,'...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.