Rep. Duffy: If Polls Were Right, Hillary Would Have Won

Newsmax | 8/8/2017 | Staff
bethtetleybethtetley (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: http://www.newsmax.com/CMSPages/GetFile.aspx?guid=616587b2-a376-4045-a412-90567d3dfc40&SiteName=Newsmax&imgtype=.jpg

Rep. Sean Duffy, R-Wis., Tuesday encouraged stepping back and reconsidering polls giving President Donald Trump low numbers, as polls are not always believable.

"If we believe polls, we would have Hillary Clinton getting 300 electoral votes and she would be president of the United States," Duffy told CNN's "New Day."

Duffy - News - Stories - Trump - Relentless

Duffy said, though, the negative news stories about Trump have been relentless.

"The president has been a steady stream of leaks that have come from the deep state, from the West Wing itself," Duffy said. "He's had a lot of negative stories that have come from the media, and it's been relentless. I tell you, the guy has a backbone of steel, and where he's at is a testament to how strong he is."

Duffy - Trump - Base

Duffy also said Trump's base has not left him.

"I had a cutout of Donald Trump in our Republican booth," the congressman said of a recent appearance. "I had streams of people wanting to take pictures with the cutout. I've been in that booth for years. I've never seen as much activity and excitement as I saw this weekend."

Excitement - States - Trump - Wins

The excitement still exists in the states where Trump won, but there must be some wins happening, he continued.

"We cannot have tax reform done," Duffy said. "We have to...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Newsmax
13 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: