“You’re Making Me Feel Like Ben Affleck Right Now”: Press Rounds For ‘Inhumans’ Not Going So Well

The Playlist | 8/8/2017 | Kevin Jagernauth
Click For Photo: http://theplaylist.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/inhumans.jpg

While Marvel might deliver one hit after another on the big screen, when it comes to TV the results have been mixed, to put it generously. The various series have varied wildly in quality, and this year in particular has been a disappointment for fans, with “Iron Fist” missing the mark, and the upcoming “The Defenders” generating low heat. However, nothing compares to the arrows being fired at “Inhumans.”

The ABC series has dismayed fans with the first trailers, and an early review of the first episode (which will be shown in IMAX cinemas) tore the show to shreds, and went viral as a result. Now, with the debut just over a month away, you would think that everyone involved with “Inhumans” would start a carefully managed damage control campaign, but that’s not quite what’s playing out.

Interview - Metro - Director - Roel - Reine

In an interview with Metro, director Roel Reine admitted that even he wasn’t impressed with the first trailer for “Inhumans,” and wishes the network had waited before rolling it out.

“I was mixed about the first trailer as well. I felt like it didn’t give you the scope, it didn’t give you a lot of secrets or visual effects. I felt it was a little bit too early because the visual effects were not ready – Medusa’s hair was not ready. So I was really nervous about it and would think the fans would not really like it,” he admitted. “The trailer was made by other people,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Playlist
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!