BREAKING NEWS: Turkish tourist resort is hit by another earthquake after powerful quake triggered a tsunami two weeks ago

Mail Online | 8/8/2017 | Julian Robinson for MailOnline
Cayley1561 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/08/08/09/1E80833B00000578-0-image-a-24_1502180672365.jpg

A Turkish tourist resort has been hit by another earthquake two weeks after a powerful tremor triggered a tsunami in the area.

An earthquake with a magnitude of 5.3 shook the southwestern Turkish town of Bodrum this morning, the U.S. Geological Survey said.

Injuries - Quake - Miles - Aegean - Town

It was not immediately clear whether there were any injuries. The quake struck some about 9 miles southeast of the Aegean coastal town of Bodrum, the USGS said.

Bodrum is a popular resort packed with Turks and foreigners on holidays during the summer months.

Shook - Night - Morning - Witness - Reuters

'We shook throughout the night, again very heavily this morning,' one witness told Reuters via telephone.

'I put on my shoes and went into another room and it was shaking the entire time, it lasted a long time.'

Earthquake - Region - Summer

The earthquake is the latest to rock the Aegean region this summer.

Last month, a powerful quake killed two people on the Greek holiday island of Kos, sending tourists fleeing into...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
13 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Would you let a person who could only get a government job run your life? Well don't!