Is WATER the cause of your breakouts and bad hair days? Top experts detail why H20 from a tap might be to blame for your biggest beauty concerns

Mail Online | 8/7/2017 | Sarah Ferguson For Dailymail.com
Claw987Claw987 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/08/07/19/430DFA5400000578-0-image-a-25_1502130088218.jpg

There's no doubt that water can do wonders for your skin. It's one of the most common ingredients in skincare products and drinking a lot of it is what many celebrities and models claim to do to maintain their radiant complexions.

But not all H20 is created equal, according to New York City-based dermatologist Dr. Dennis Gross.

Skin - Expert - Water - Face - Morning

The skin expert warns that the tap water you splash on your face in the morning and cleanse with at night might be contributing to some of your biggest skincare concerns, including acne and aging.

'Heavy metals (iron, copper, zinc, magnesium and lead) are free radicals found in tap water and perspiration. The heavy metals found in tap water are actually free radicals themselves,' Dr. Gross told racked.com.

Radicals - Air - Pollution - UV - Stress

It's free radicals, which are also formed by air pollution, UV rays and even stress, that can break down collagen and irritate skin and cause fine lines and blemishes.

The composition of tap water varies from city...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
I'm not always cranky, sometimes I'm actually running!