'I hated the taste and texture': Woman, 24, who loathed vegetables on how she learned to ignore cravings and 'connect' with her body - shifting 10 kilos in the process

Mail Online | 8/7/2017 | Sophie Haslett For Daily Mail Australia
superdudea (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/08/08/03/430F9B3100000578-0-image-a-28_1502160222665.jpg

If you're someone who hates vegetables, it can be hard to reconcile that hatred with a healthy diet.

Just ask Natasha Bevilacqua, from Victoria, who was once 'obsessed with dieting', but never saw any results - because she had 'never really enjoyed healthy eating'.

Time - Year - Programme - Book - Food

Around this time last year, the 24-year-old discovered a programme and a book which taught her how to love healthy food - and that eating vegetables didn't just mean steamed plain broccoli.

One year down the track, Ms Bevilacqua is just over ten kilograms lighter, weighing in at 61.3 kilos.

Daily - Mail - Australia - Mindset - Control

Not only this, but she told Daily Mail Australia that she has 'completely shifted to a positive mindset' and taken control of her cravings. The 24-year-old shared her story with FEMAIL.

While Ms Bevilacqua was never hugely overweight, at 72.5 kilograms last year she decided she wanted to do something to 'feel good about myself':

Eating - Meat - Veg - Daily - Mail

'I had never enjoyed healthy eating. I assumed all it was was meat and steamed veg,' she told Daily Mail Australia.

'Plus, I hated vegetables - both the texture and the taste.'

Cookbook - Aisle - Bookshop - Day - Dietitian

And so when she found herself browsing the healthy cookbook aisle in a bookshop one day and stumbled upon the Australian dietitian and nutritionist, Jessica Sepel's A Healthy Life, she thought she would give it a go.

'I wanted to change my attitude,' Ms Bevilacqua explained.

'I - Energy - Chips - Answer

She added that previously, whenever she was stressed, she would think 'I needed energy so sugar and potato chips were the only answer'.

When she started cooking from Ms Sepel's book, the 24-year-old realised that vegetables didn't always have to be eaten plain or unseasoned:

'I - Ingredients - Lots - Flavour

'I was using ingredients I'd never heard of and using lots of flavour...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!