‘Annihilation': Alex Garland’s ‘Ex Machina’ Follow-Up Lands a 2018 Release Date

Collider | 8/3/2017 | Haleigh Foutch
maddyb7 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/annihilation-social-only.jpg

Rejoice! Alex Garland‘s Ex Machina follow-up finally has a release date. Paramount has scheduled Annihilation to arrive in theaters on February 23, 2018. Based on the Nebula Award-winning novel by Jeff VanderMeer, the first in his Southern Reach trilogy, the sci-fi thriller by way of eco-horror stars Natalie Portman as a biologist who leads a team of scientists into mysterious terrain known as “Area X” where nature has reclaimed the land. There, they face contamination, disappearances, and deadly creatures. The film takes over the release date after Pacific Rim: Uprising pushed back to a March release date.

For Garland’s second feature film after his Academy Award-winning directorial debut, Garland has assembled yet another tremendous cast with Portman starring alongside. Jennifer Jason Leigh, Tessa Thompson, Gina Rodriguez, and Oscar Isaac.

Source - Material - Ex - Machina - Films

While I’m not familiar with the source material, Ex Machina is one of the best Sci-Fi films of the 21st Century and as the guy who penned the screenplays for 28 Days Later, Sunshine and Never Let Me Go, I’ll always...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Collider
Wake Up To Breaking News!