Movie buff, 34, with Down's syndrome receives hundreds of DVDs from strangers who banded together to donate after wildfires destroyed his precious collection

Mail Online | 7/12/2017 | Ariel Zilber For Dailymail.com
urbanagirl3urbanagirl3 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/07/12/23/4244E9F100000578-0-image-a-16_1499898679911.jpg

Click For Video: http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2017/07/12/481270395322517370/1024x576_MP4_481270395322517370.mp4

The raging wildfires in northern California destroyed the cherished movie collection of a man with Down syndrome, leaving him heartbroken.

Thanks to Facebook and the power of the human spirit, he will have a new collection that could be at least twice as large.

Fires - Thousands - Homes - Oroville - California

Large-scale fires forced thousands to swiftly evacuate their homes in Oroville, California, on Saturday.

Mark Orsillo, 34, broke down in tears when he was told by his sister, Danielle Devine, that she could only salvage 20 of the 300 DVDs that made up his movie collection.

'He - Devine

'He was really struggling,' Devine said.

'He's usually so happy all the time. I felt bad I didn't grab more.'

'He - Movies - '90s - Years - Devine

'He has all the movies from the '90s. He's been collecting them for years,' Devine told CBS News.

'That's Mark's life. He's a movie guy.'

Orsillo - Home - Fires - Parents

Orsillo's home was destroyed by the fires. He lives with his parents.

So Devine decided to reach out to the public via Facebook on Monday.

'This - Brother - Mark - Syndrome - Devine

'This is my brother Mark and he has Down Syndrome,' Devine wrote.

'He lost his house to the Wall Fire on my parent's property. He is an OCD movie collector and lost hundreds of movies.

Time - Watching

'He spends most of his free time watching,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
You can never use the word unexpected when it comes to abuse of power by the government.