Ecclestone Doubts Silverstone Will Be Lost To F1

www.oann.com | 7/10/2017 | Staff
max1max1 (Posted by) Level 4
SPIELBERG, Austria (Reuters) – Former Formula One supremo Bernie Ecclestone believes Silverstone will stay on the Formula One calendar even if, as expected, the circuit’s owners activate a break clause in their contract this week.

The 86-year-old did the original deal with the British Racing Drivers’ Club (BRDC) that runs until 2026 and includes a break clause from 2019 that has to be exercised two years in advance.

Silverstone - Reuters - Grand - Prix

“I would be surprised if eventually we lose Silverstone,” he told Reuters at the Austrian Grand Prix.

“It’s a good event. And it probably falls into line much more with the way Liberty want to see Formula One go, in that direction.”

Announcement - BRDC - Tuesday - Wednesday - Sunday

An announcement by the BRDC is expected on Tuesday or Wednesday, ahead of Sunday’s British Grand Prix at the former World War Two airfield.

U.S.-based Liberty Media, who took over the sport in January and moved Ecclestone aside into an undefined ‘chairman emeritus’ role, have said that they want to protect Formula One’s traditional European races.

Silverstone - World - Championship - Prix - Britain

Silverstone hosted the first world championship grand prix in 1950 and Britain, home to a majority of the 10 teams as well as triple world champion Lewis Hamilton, has been on the calendar every year since then.

Sean...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.oann.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Goverment, no matter how big, is always a big problem.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Welcome to Long Room!

Where The World Finds Its News!