All-inclusive reimagined: The luxury beachside resort where over-indulging on Michelin-starred food won’t have you worrying about your waistline

Mail Online | 6/30/2017 | Becky Freeth for MailOnline
Sugar12 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/01/26/15/3C89B3E600000578-0-image-a-15_1485444506833.jpg

Six months to achieve the perfect bikini body, four weeks spent dreaming up an Insta-worthy holiday wardrobe – all for seven days of all-you-can-eat that will have you leaving 8lbs heavier.

All-inclusive had never meant anything other than overindulgence to me and the prospect of a week in Northern Greece – the home of delectable goat’s cheese and irresistible moussaka, an olive tree on every corner and vineyards teasing you to pop your next cork – had ‘food regret’ written all over it.

Ikos - Olivia - Building - Success - Story

But I’d never experienced Ikos Olivia, before. Building on the 10-year success story of neighbouring resort Ikos Oceania, Ikos Resorts continued to redefine all-inclusivity in 2015, by adding another luxury destination to its books.

Second only to premium retreat Playa Mujeres in Mexico, Ikos Olivia on the magnificent Halkidiki peninsula quickly superseded its own sister resort to become one of TripAdvisor’s top 25 all-inclusive resorts in the world, in 2016. It simultaneously won the 2016 Travellers’ Choice Award.

Surprise - Ikos - Olivia - Visitors - Something

It’s no surprise that Ikos Olivia is proving extremely popular with its visitors, because there’s something here for everyone - and every palette.

Ikos Olivia is 'all-inclusive reimagined'. The restaurants were created by Michelin-starred chefs, meaning the food is not only delicious but carefully considered and the foodie destinations on site are not what you'd expect if you, like me, are more familiar with queues at the buffet stand, cold offerings and unhealthy options.

Package - Deal - Benefit - Cocktails - Pool

Like any package deal, there’s also still the benefit of cocktails on-call - by the pool, in the room or on your private beach, if you so wish – as well as breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert… oh-so much dessert.

Yet buffet-style eating for once did not feel like a competition with myself, nor was there the urgency to fill up on what you paid for, because luxury is served...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Merry Christmas! It's not just for December any longer!